Bracebridge is the place to live, work and play! As part of a growing, vibrant and friendly community nestled in the heart of Muskoka, a world-famous region known for its lakes, rivers, beaches, parks and natural beauty, the Town of Bracebridge is seeking candidates for several exciting opportunities in our Recreation Dept. (Programs!)
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
General Requirements for all positions:
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C.
• Experience working with children and demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience is an asset.
• HIGH FIVE – Principles of Health Child Development and HIGH FIVE – Principles of Healthy Aging and HIGH FIVE Quest 2 are considered an asset.
• Familiarity with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and relevant safety legislation, or willingness to learn.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with members of the public, coworkers and others in a friendly, courteous and effective manner whilst adhering to confidentiality requirements at all times.
• Ability to provide an acceptable current criminal reference check, or if age 18+, a vulnerable sector police check.
See below for position-specific requirements:
Facility Monitor, Non-Union (Part Time) $15.50
File Number: 2023-E-001
Reporting to the Aquatic and Fitness Program Supervisor, or designate, the Facility Monitor is responsible for ensuring a high level of cleanliness and safety throughout the Facility and for ensuring policies, procedures and guidelines are communicated and upheld by patrons. The Facility Monitor is also responsible for delivering facility and equipment orientation and providing instruction on the safe use of equipment.
Climbing Wall / Low Ropes Instructor – Non-Certified, Non-Union (Part Time) $15.50
File Number: 2023-E-002 Reporting to the Recreation Programmer, or designate, the Climbing Wall / Low Ropes Instructor – NonCertified is responsible for providing a high-quality program that is stimulating, enjoyable and safe for all participants. This position ensures participants have been properly oriented and have the required safety gear in place prior to climbing and works with climbers to correct inappropriate or unsafe climbing practices or behaviour where required.
• Experience monitoring and supervising a climbing wall and / or low ropes course is considered an asset.
Program Instructor, Non-Union (Part Time) – Hourly rate of pay varies.
File Number: 2023-E-003. Reporting to the Aquatic and Fitness Program Supervisor or designate, the Program Instructor is responsible for planning and instructing specialized recreation programs that are high quality, safe and enriching for all participants.
• Program qualifications such as physical literacy, art training, coaching certification or other related and relevant training and certification.
Fitness/Aquafitness – Personal Trainer Instructor Certified, Non-Union (Part Time) $30.26, File Number: 2023-E-004
Reporting to the Aquatics and Fitness Program Supervisor or designate, the Fitness / Aquafitness – Personal Trainer Instructor Certified is responsible for developing and instructing fitness and/or aquafitness classes. This position ensures high quality and safe fitness programming with the goal of creating a sense of community, strengthening participant’s physical, social and mental wellbeing.
• Current certification in a Fitness, Aquafitness or Personal Training (i.e. Can-Fit-Pro, CALA, SPEEDO or equivalent).
• Working knowledge of the fitness industry with demonstrated experience in leading fitness, aquafitness or personal training programs and sessions.
Recreation Department – Programs
Kiosk Attendant, Non-Union (Part Time) $15.50
File Number: 2023-E-005
Reporting to the Administrative Coordinator or designate, the Kiosk Attendant is responsible for taking daily admissions, drop-ins, answering questions regarding activity schedules, associated rates and programs, directing phone calls, printing reports and handling and balancing cash at the end of each shift. The Kiosk
Attendant will perform opening and closing activities, greet visitors, help direct traffic during fire alarms and administer first aid when required and perform routine office support. The Kiosk Attendant will also monitor and complete regular checks of various facility rooms. They will also provide excellent customer service
and ensure patrons are wearing required safety equipment properly.
• Previous cash handling and customer service experience is considered an asset.
Supervised Play Area Attendant, Non-Union (Part Time) $15.50
File Number: 2023-E-006 Reporting to the Aquatic and Fitness Program Supervisor or designate. The Supervised Play Area Attendant is responsible for providing supervision to children and toddlers in a safe and controlled environment. They
will also work to promote facility events and programs, provide response to all incidents, accidents, and emergency situations, and monitor relevant logs.
To learn more about the Town of Bracebridge and for other career opportunities, check out our website: https://www.bracebridge.ca/en/index.aspx. We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Bracebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to meeting its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Questions regarding collection of
information or accommodation should be directed to the Corporate Services Department at (705) 645-5264. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c.25 and will be used to determine employment eligibility.
Apply to any of the below opportunities with your cover letter and resume, quoting the File Number to: http://email@example.com.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.