The employee must be eligible for the program and must not start working for the employer prior to registration.
If you would like further information on hiring incentives, please feel free to contact our Job Developer at our Sundridge or Gravenhurst office.
To be eligible for a subsidized placement through Employment Services, employers must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Demonstrate the ability to provide the trainee with adequate supervision, and the training described in the training plan
- Provide the employment in Ontario
- Place trainees on the company’s payroll and provide the same employment in terms, conditions, and benefits as for all regular employees
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Employment Standards Act
- Maintain appropriate WSIB or alternate workplace safety insurance coverage
- Have adequate third party general liability insurance
- Comply with all applicable federal and provincial human rights legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards
- Comply with freedom of information and protection of privacy legislation
- Declare that he/she will not hire his/her spouse, sibling, or child as a trainee, will not displace existing staff or replace staff on lay-off, and is not receiving funds from any other source for the training placement