An employer in Gravenhurst is hiring a Marina Gas Bar Attendant
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Application Deadline: open until filled
Hours of Work: up to 35 hours per week
Duties & Qualifications:
|1. Operate all aspects of the Marina in a safe, secure and efficient manner.
2. Open/close the Marina/Gas Bar and provide customers with fueling and sanitary pump out service.
3. Take fuel tank dips and daily pump readings.
4. Perform debit/credit transactions, including end of shift transaction balancing, and keep records secure.
5. Assist customers requiring docking needs.
6. Keep Marina office, washroom(s) and ground areas clean and maintained to ensure the buildings, docks and property are tidy, clean and professional in appearance.
7. Ensure all equipment is kept in good condition and that preventative measures are carried out and documented.
8. Attend training and development as required.
9. Assist other Town employees in daily maintenance and operations as required;
10. Assist with public inquiries and provide friendly, courteous customer service.
11. Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
|1. Minimum High School Diploma; College or University education an asset
2. Previous Marina Gas Bar experience is considered an asset
3. Ability to demonstrate tact, patience and poise when dealing with the public and effective interpersonal and customer service skills
4. Effective communication skills, both oral and written
5. Pleasure Craft Operator Card, Boat Operators Accredited training and Fuel Safety training is considered an asset
6. WHMIS 2015 certification is required for all new hires and must be presented at the time of hire
7. Working knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
8. Ability to work early morning, weekend, evening and holiday hours, as required
9. Ability to work outdoors and in adverse weather conditions
10. Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively as part of a team
11. Responsible for wearing proper CSA approved safety footwear
12. Must work in compliance with applicable legislation, departmental policies/procedures/practices and operational guidelines
13. Willingness to attend job related training and development
14. Physically able to perform all job requirements
15. Valid G license with a clean drivers abstract satisfactory to the corporation (Use of own vehicle may be required)
16. A valid, current police background check is required prior to commencing employment
Job Type: Summer
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.