Retirement Residence in Gravenhurt seeking two part time Dietary Aides
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
• Following proper food handling techniques.
• Dates, labels, and stores food properly.
• Keeping work area clean and uncluttered, and completes scheduled cleaning duties.
• Maintaining cleanliness of floors in the food preparation, dish room, and storage areas.
• Supporting all aspects of optimal food service to meet the needs of the residents in accordance with infection control, quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
• Assisting in the preparation of meals, serving meals and beverages, following residents’ diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes.
• Taking orders for the first and second menu choices from residents (by resident name and preference selection, following likes and dislikes).
• Setting and clearing tables in the dining rooms and washing/sanitizing tables, chairs, and serveries.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Must maintain a current Safe Food Handler’s Certificate.
• Must be familiar with the correct procedure for service and handling of food.
• Ability to operate institutional cooking equipment, for example, dishwasher, conveyor toaster, and meat-slicer.
• Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.