Almaguin Adult Learning Centre is looking to hire an Adult Literacy Instructor Intern for a one year contract!
How to Apply: Please email applications, including a cover letter and a resume to the attention of Deb Kurtzer-Johnston at email@example.com or Fax: 705-386-0029.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Almaguin Adult Learning Centre requires a full-time Adult Literacy Instructor Intern for their literacy and basic skills upgrading program. Placement at the South River, Burk’s Falls and Powassan locations, with occasional coverage for holidays and sick days. Flexibility is required to accommodate changing schedules. Possible call in work to follow, i.e. sick days, vacations etc.
- Facilitating in-person and virtual learning for small groups of multi-level, mixed aged adults (anywhere from basic reading and writing to secondary school level curriculum, as well as computer instruction, financial literacy, and employment skills.
- Conducting initial, ongoing and exit assessments.
- Developing and updating training plans.
- Keeping and updating student records.
- Assisting in fundraising campaigns; identify and support applications for alternate funding resources.
- Assisting in developing and implementing strategies for outreach to new clients and partner agencies.
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office and social media platforms, and virtual meeting and communication platforms.
- Must be either a new entrant into the workforce, transitioning to a new career, or unemployed or underemployed and entering a new field.
- Has not previously participated in NOHFC’s People & Talent Program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must reside in Northern Ontario.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
This opportunity is proudly supported by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC).
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.