HLD Muskoka is a long-standing company dedicated to its employees and clients. Situated in the beautiful town of Huntsville, Ontario we work hard in one of Canada’s most beautiful and sought-after regions. We build custom residential buildings, from excavation through to continued property maintenance. Our team of over 100 employees continue to drive our success. We are adding to our summer team and need energetic, fun and people-oriented individuals to join our team!
If you are ready to learn, work hard and grow…no task too small, then time to apply!
WHY CHOOSE HLD MUSKOKA
- Positive and welcoming team environment
- Company branded apparel provided
- Required tools provided.
- Safety boot allowance
- Fun summer in cottage country
- Learn more and connect with individuals in the residential construction industry
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform general labour including shovel, cut & lay stone, rake, and compacting
- Assist in preparing job sites for hardscape installations by clearing debris, removing existing structures, and grading the area as needed.
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment at the job site.
- Support skilled workers in the installation of hardscape features such as patios, walkways, treads etc.
- Assist in the placement and leveling of materials to ensure precision and accuracy in construction.
- Assist in grading activities to create the desired contours and levels for hardscape installations.
- Work with team members to ensure proper drainage solutions and erosion control.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and protocols to ensure a secure working environment.
- Utilize personal protective equipment (PPE) as required for specific tasks.
- Maintain a tidy and organized work environment at all times
- Perform additional duties as needed
THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU WILL NEED
- Understand or desire to learn landscape construction and design
- Physically fit and able to lift
- Reliable, motivated and energetic
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Enjoy working outside and in various weather conditions
- Valid G license and clean driving record
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Prior related experience considered an asset
HLD Muskoka celebrates diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.