In Room Dining Order Taker
Reporting to the Food and Beverage leadership team, this position is responsible for receiving, preparing and delivering in room dining orders to guests in their guest rooms.
- Receive orders from guests over the phone using the point of sale system
- Answer questions or concerns regarding the origin, vintage, and style of various wines.
- Place and log call back for rooms service orders
- Communicate with the culinary team to pick up the order and prepare the in room dining cart
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Work experience in food and beverage industry an asset
- Previous customer service experience
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.