Bracebridge is the place to live, work and play! As part of a growing, vibrant and friendly community nestled in the heart of Muskoka, a world-famous region known for its lakes, rivers, beaches, parks and natural beauty, the Town of Bracebridge is seeking candidates for an exciting opportunity! We are looking for a Regular Part-time Crossing Guard. (Non-Union).
Hours of Work:
Various -Currently only shifts are Wed. and Thurs 8:00 am -9:00 am
Hourly rate of pay of $17.49 - $19.10, based on relevant qualifications and experience, plus: benefits and extras
What You Will Do:
• Safety is key! Being acutely alert to your surroundings and obeying all traffic safety regulations, safely escort children and adults across roadways and intersections.
• Put your road safety knowledge to use by educating members of the public on traffic issues, traffic safety regulations, best practices in high-traffic areas, and promote safe use of pedestrian crosswalks.
• Monitor and report any observed problems or safety concerns arising at the assigned crosswalk or pedestrian crossing.
This position reports to the Chief By-Law Enforcement Officer or designate.
We are looking for a team player who is enthusiastic, customer service focused and who has the following:
• Availability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. from September through June on instructional school days.
Corporate Services Department
• Experience working with members of the public, specifically children, and a proven record of reliability is an asset.
• Ability to follow directions and instructions and work with minimal supervision.
• Good working knowledge of the Highway Traffic Act and applicable Regulations, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and WHMIS 2015.
• Good interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communication, work in a team environment and to exhibit courtesy, tact and diplomacy in dealing with the public, department officials and other members of staff. Ability to adhere to confidentiality requirements at all times.
• The physical demands of this position require the ability to work in inclement weather (i.e. rain, snow, sun), stand and walk for extended periods of time, lift a hand-held stop sign overhead, and effectively hear and see on-coming traffic at a safe distance.
• Acceptable vulnerable sector police record check, required.
For more information about this job and the qualifications, view the job description on our Employment and Volunteer Opportunities webpage: https://www.bracebridge.ca/en/town-services/Employment-and-Volunteer-Opportunities.aspx?_mid_=1696
To learn more about the Town of Bracebridge and for other career opportunities, check out our website, https://www.bracebridge.ca/en/index.aspx. We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Bracebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to meeting its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Questions regarding collection of
information or accommodation should be directed to the Corporate Services Department at (705) 645-5264. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c.25 and will be used to determine employment eligibility.
Apply to this opportunity with your cover letter and resume, quoting File 2023-E-011 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hourly rate of pay of $17.49 - $19.10, based on relevant qualifications and experience, plus: benefits and extras.