WOULD LIKE TO RECOGNIZE
THE PARRY SOUND DISTRICT EMS
THE DISTRICT EMS SERVICES HAVE EXPANDED TO INCLUDE
A VARIETY OF OPTIONS FOR RESIDENTS.
The compassion, care and dedication these professionals provide
are much appreciated by our communities.
PLEASE SEE BELOW INFORMATION THAT COULD BE OF BENEFIT TO YOU OR YOUR FAMILY.
Parry Sound District EMS Community Paramedicine Program
To support the health and welfare of the elderly and vulnerable population of Parry Sound District, so they are able to live at home as long as possible and to reduce the number of 911 calls and hospital visits by these individuals.
- Environment assessments (hazards, utilities, smoke detectors, CO detectors, lighting, clear pathways, fall hazards, etc.)
- Patient assessments (lifestyle, vitals, mobility, physiology exams, ECG’s, blood sugar levels)
- Education on chronic diseases and how to manage them (provide information/pamphlets that patients can keep)
- Referrals to other support agencies where there are gaps
- Review of current medications
- Confirm patient compliance to physician advice
- Looking ahead to provide exacerbation treatment as well as point of care medical testing with physician oversight (venipuncture, immunizations, mediation administration, medication dosage changes, etc.)
- Remote Patient Monitoring:Targeting patients with CHF or COPD (co morbidities of DM and HTN)
- Equipment is installed in patient’s home so they are able to take their own vitals (SPO2, heart rate, blood pressure, weight, blood glucose)
- Readings are then uploaded via a communication pod to an online server
- Alerts are generated an email is sent to whichever community paramedic has been a signed to the patient)
- Follow-ups are provided post alerts initially by phone call, and then by home visit if necessary
- Patients are enrolled in program for a maximum of 6 months, with the goal to better educate patients on how to manage these chronic diseases.
- Targeting large scale residences with a high older adult population
- Monthly clinics allow users to have their vitals recorded so they are able to bring it with them to their physician appointments
- Distribution of education material (Heart and Stroke Resources, Diabetes education, Social Services info, etc.)
- Clinics are drop in and voluntary
- Privacy is ensured by setting up a temporary partition.
For more information please contact Community Paramedicine Lead
AND DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE
EMS PAD PROGRAM
They place defibrillators in local communities