TURF CARE TEAM MEMBER
Reports to Horticultural Project Leader
The Turf Care Team Member is expected to be a reliable, conscientious, labourer and to perform general turf care tasks to assist with the beautification of our customer’s properties.
Position Description (but not limited to)
- Maintain the professional appearance of company vehicles, tools and power equipment
- Use of string-line trimmer, mower, edger and steamer
- Equipment check before leaving the yard i.e.: check oil and gas levels
- Ensure supplies and tools are stocked and on truck based on daily requirements – gas, oil, trimmer line etc.
- Maintain proper care of equipment, tools and supplies (parts for gas cans, cleaning of grass chutes and catch bags, blow debris from trailer, blades are sharp etc.)
- Follow procedures as required for tool and power equipment repair
- Ensure customer requests are completed
- Ensure tidiness of every property, attention to detail and “WOW” factor – remove grass clumps, clean walkways, patios, docks, decks, astro turf and driveways of organic debris
- Organize and accurately complete paperwork
- Complete monthly vehicle reports, ensure truck is kept clean, promptly address vehicle maintenance as required
- Work outdoors in varying conditions (i.e. biting insects, indigenous wildlife, various temperatures, inclement weather)
- Varying seasonal hours. Peak season may require up to 60 hr/week
- Familiar with the use of lawn equipment – backpack blowers, line trimmers, walk behind mower, zero turn mower
- Holds a valid “G” license with clean record (max 3pts.)
- Manual lifting and carrying
- Repetitive motions
- Hand/wrist vibration
- Occasional use of hammer, nails, level or ladder
- Occasional work in inclement weather
- Standing, bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work alongside the water edge i.e.: ponds, lakes, rivers
Please apply by Phone 705-762-1110
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.
Water’s Edge Landscaping in Bala is currently looking for a Turf Care Team Member for the upcoming season