Grow your career with HALL!, who are hiring; Truck/Tag Driver, reporting to the Resource Manager.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
Wayne Hall Construction Inc. (Hall Construction) is a dynamic and specialized construction company dedicated to providing the highest quality construction services to our many valued clients and customers.
Our commitment to quality and superior workmanship is second to none. Established 50 years ago, Hall Construction has been providing granular materials, Superpave asphalt aggregates, granite specialty materials, environmentally sensitive products, and landscaping materials from our 8 conveniently located aggregate sites.
In addition, and with a dedicated team of long-term employees, we are proud to work to improve the local residential infrastructure throughout the Greater Muskoka Area, not only for our clients but also for ourselves, as we work where we live!
Our business also focuses on construction specialties such as; underground service installation, rock blasting (by Georgian Rock Company Limited, a division of Hall Construction), granular placement, grading, culverts and structures. Our services also include site development work, site servicing, landscaping, recreational courts & facilities, and driveways.
Through our current growth strategy, we are looking for qualified and skilled staff who want to work in a dynamic team environment where they can stand out for their skills, abilities and take credit for the projects they complete. The successful candidate will be provided with on the job training and any necessary certificates/courses to ultimately develop a long-term career path with the company.
The Truck/Tag Driver has had previous experience in construction, specifically driving a Triaxle with a trailer and delivering materials to construction sites. The Truck/Tag Driver is responsible for the transportation of equipment, materials and aggregates while adhering to MTO, HTA & CVOR requirements. In addition, the Truck/Tag Driver could be required to self load and/or labour with the crew from time to time. The Truck/Tag Driver reports directly to the Project Supervisor and Resource Manager and is responsible to working within their previous experience, learning new tasks and following the directions of the Project Supervisor. The essential elements of the position include, but are not limited to;
- Abide by all company policies, procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude and the reputation of Hall Construction Inc
- Work safely, efficiently and conscientiously at all times
- Drive and operate the truck safely, following the HTA, safe work practices and site restrictions
- Ensure proper loading and unloading of materials, equipment and aggregates
- Ensure proper loaded weights, safe use as per the required regulations
- Responsible for all daily logs, timesheets, trip reports,
- Maintain and care for the vehicle’s maintenance needs, and cleanliness
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, and punctuality
- Maintain an accurate record of materials delivered, and the associated timeline
- Promote job site safety, follow safe work practices and rectify job site hazards immediately
- Adhere to and ensures constant compliance with Health & Safety Compliance and regulations. Including the proper use of personal protective Equipment (PPE). This includes, skin, face, ear, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
- Work in various temperatures outdoors in all weather conditions: including heat and cold while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment
- To work in potentially elevated noise levels with the appropriate PPE and training, if required
- Complete other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and as will be required by the needs of Hall Construction business
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Valid drivers license required as a continuing condition of employment
- AZ or DZ endorsements required
- Maintain a clean driving record
- 2+ years of previous relevant/relatable experience
Required knowledge and understanding:
- Knowledge of construction and construction practices
- Computer/Tablet/Smart phone skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to take and comply with directions
- Able to perform multiple tasks
- Able to travel, work weekends
This position involves regular physical exertion. Positions constantly requires sitting, standing, lifting up to 50lbs., pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, crawling, stooping and crouching. Frequently requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 4 feet or more (with or without lenses). Requires the ability to properly wear and use forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) and specialized PPE which may be required from time to time.
If you believe you meet the requirements of this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that only candidates that meet the requirements of the position will be contacted to discuss next steps in the interview process. We thank all applicants for their interest in Hall Construction, an equal opportunity employer.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.