Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres is looking for Permanent Part-time Support Staff. Union: This position is represented by U.F.C.W. Local 175.
Reference ID: 001-OATC-1378
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:30am-1:00pm
Saturday, Sunday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:30-1:00
Come join our growing organization as a part of a high-performing CARE team that is committed to changing the lives of people suffering from addiction!
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT CATC:
AS A MULTIDISCIPLINARY HEALTHCARE TEAM – TOGETHER, WE CARE:
Compassionate | Accessible | Respectful | Experts in Addiction Medicine
- Wellness – Benefits including Healthcare Spending Account, Employment Assistance Program, Discounted GoodLife Fitness memberships, Paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement and mental health.
- Career Development – Professional Development, Lunch & Learn Sessions and Access to 100+ courses within the Company’s Learning Management System.
- Preparation for the Future – Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Recognition – Service Recognition Program
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Support Staff is the first point of contact and provides general information to patients and the public relating to their questions, concerns and/or suggestions. The Support Staff is a multi-faceted role in which facilitates the opioid agonist therapy treatment program. The Support Staff collaborates with members of the CATC interdisciplinary team to plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate the appropriate treatment plans to support the patient in their journey to recovery.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary team to plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate the appropriate treatment plans to support the patient.
- Supervise urine drug screening, and testing using a dipstick.
- If appropriately trained perform venipuncture, ECGs and assesses other vitals as required.
- Management of Patient active scripts including script cancellation as per Rx protocol.
- Maintain a high level of competency in Electrical Medical Records use including verification of health card, scheduling, information entry and assessment, data management, and document management.
- Communicate with MRP, Pharmacy and Nurse around patient needs, change in status and all emergency situations.
- Facilitates clients in OTN sessions and conducts CARE calls.
- Responds to general inquiries and makes appropriate referrals within CATC Healthcare Team.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Strong commitment to working with individuals living with addiction and mental health.
- Completion of a High School Diploma and/or GED or equivalent is required.
- A certificate in Medical Office Administration or Health Services is an asset.
- Previous experience in Customer Service or with vulnerable populations with addiction and mental health is considered an asset.
- Provision of a recent and acceptable Criminal Reference Check.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At the Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres, we strive to be leaders in the industry by creating access to best-in-class treatment to the communities that we serve. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals living with the devastating effects of drug addiction. We focus on the quality of care and patient experience while providing an encouraging, compassionate and judgement-free environment. We apply a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach and strive to provide quality of care and patient experience while providing an encouraging, compassionate and judgement-free care environment. Each of our clinics offers integrated medical and pharmacy services specifically designed to engage patients in a manner that promotes the development of a strong therapeutic relationship between the patient and his/her CARE team.
Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.