Are you looking for a forward thinking, fast growing company who is dedicated to supporting our seniors and healthcare professionals? Apply Today!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Plan A is a long-term care (LTC) staffing agency that provides a local solution for LTC homes experiencing staffing shortages. Plan A is currently looking for Support Services Aides (SSA’s) to join our qualified, dedicated, and compassionate team of support staff.
Plan A prides itself on offering supplemental, self-scheduled employment, however, Covid-19 has required us to temporarily change our scheduling model.
Please be advised, at this time preference will be given to individuals who:
- Have access to private transportation
- Do not have another employer
- Are interested and able to work in homes that may have Covid-19 cases
Flexibility, self-scheduling and all other usual job benefits will still apply.
- You decide when you work! At Plan A you can make your own schedule! Using our StaffStat app our LTC homes send out shifts when and where they need help, and as they pop up on your phone our staff accept them on a first come first serve basis!
- Make your own schedule around your busy life! Our only requirement is you give us your time with 3 shifts a month! If our staff can give amazing care 3 times a month our seniors will never go without the care they deserve!
- We are the only staffing strategy in Canada that focuses 100% on Long Term Care homes.
Provide support to various departments within Long Term Care Homes including Personal Support, Laundry, Housekeeping and Food Services. These tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Washing floors
- Cleaning surfaces
- Setting & clearing tables
- Washing dishes
- Sorting laundry
- Treating soiled laundry
- Washing and drying laundry
- Folding laundry
- Making beds
- Snack cart/refreshments
- Providing support to Personal Support Workers in caring for residents
- Visiting with residents
- Portering residents
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma preferred
- Experience working in a health care setting or some post-secondary education in a health care field preferred
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Hardworking, compassionate, positive, solution-oriented, professional, and flexible
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.