Looking for the best SUMMER job EVER??
Community Living South Muskoka has (2 Positions Available)
Working 35 hours a week with some evenings and weekends
IF YOU are between the age of 18 and 30, have a valid driver’s license and:
BELIEVE ALL people are deserving of a FANTSTIC, INCLUSIVE life in their community this job is for you!
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide guidance and support to individuals with a developmental disability with summer programming
- Help increase each individual’s awareness and of, and support their access to, recreational opportunities with the community
- Through both role modeling and direct support, assist individuals with a developmental disability to participate and engage with summer activities and programming
- Participation and assistance with event coordination, and volunteer recruitment.
- Support youth to engage in activities of their choosing
- Allow controlled risks while maintaining health and safety
- Provide a positive coaching experience
- Enhance friendships and help build relationships
- Be supported by skilled, trained staff of Community Living South Muskoka
- Ensure quality and consistency in promotion of Community Living South Muskoka.
- Plan and execute summer events.
- Effectively work within budgets for all events and promotional activities.
- Support and enhance Community Living South Muskoka Brand through public relations activities, events, advertising and fundraising campaigns
- Represent Community Living South Muskoka professional manner at all times.
- Other projects/ duties as assigned
- Evening and weekend work may be required to fulfill the role’s responsibilities
- Enrolment in a college or university social services/therapeutic recreation program.
- Between the ages of 18-30 years of age
- Experience supporting individuals with a developmental disability, and experience handling challenging behaviors
- Ability to work independently and part of a team in the community in various work locations providing support to small groups and/or individuals
- Valid unrestricted Driver’s License, current criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- First Aid/CPR, willing to do training for Safe Management and person centered training provided by the agency
- Willingness to work with individuals who may have developmental disabilities.
- Good time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Must have high energy, positive nature, motivation and want to have FUN
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, or deliver to 15 Depot Drive, Bracebridge ON P1L 0H1
*Community Living South Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of diversity, dignity and the worth of every person in the workplace. As such, CLSM offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require any form of accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department so that we can ensure we make the appropriate arrangements for the accommodation requested.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.