Contact North | Contact Nord is seeking a positive, energetic and organized individual to fill the part-time position as Student Recruitment & Services Representative!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
As Ontario’s community-based bilingual distance education and training network, Contact North | Contact Nord helps underserved residents in 1,300 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities access education and training without leaving their communities. We provide services in English and French. For more information, visit www.contactnorth.ca.
Reporting to the Education & Training Advisor, the Student Recruitment & Services Representative position is based at our Gravenhurst online learning centre. The successful candidate will:
- Help achieve annual registration targets by spending at least 40% of the time directly generating registrations from residents in the communities in the assigned territory in online programs and courses offered by Ontario education and training providers
- Prepare and maintain the online learning centre to support students
- Provide technical support to students working from the online learning centre and from home
- Enter and update complete, accurate data in the customer relationship management (CRM) tool, ensuring all required fields are populated daily
- Coordinate logistics and supervise exams
- Offer encouragement and support to students to complete their coursework and to register in more courses as part of completing a program or furthering their education and training
- Submit a daily report listing the number of registrations generated and entered in the CRM, number of exams invigilated, number of follow-ups completed with clients, number of new clients responded to, number of referral partners contacted and responded to, specific steps taken to support clients attending the online learning centre, any major issues and how they were resolved, complaints and how they were handled. Flag any urgent or time-sensitive issues to the ETA. All timecard entries must be made on date worked.
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required
- A secondary school diploma with preference given to those with a post-secondary credential in a related field such as office administration, business administration, executive assistant
- 1-3 years’ customer service and/or sales experience in fields such as retail, call centre, business sales
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills; functioning in both English and French (bilingual) is considered an asset
- Experience with or a willingness to learn a variety of learning technologies such as audio, video and web conferencing
- Able to take full responsibility for key assigned areas of the student services process while working with minimal supervision
- Previous data entry experience
- Experience with or knowledge of online learning
- Sound functional knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and diplomacy through contact with students, faculty/instructors, local hosts and other community stakeholders
How to Apply:
Interested individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and electronic resumé, complete with two to three employment references, quoting Job Competition # 22-83-GRAV in the subject line of the e-mail. This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.