CNIB Lake Joseph Centre (MacTier) is looking for 2 Senior Counsellor Lifeguards for the May 8th – September 2nd, 2023 season.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Counsellor-Lifeguard will work closely with the Area Head, Waterfront to develop and deliver innovative and engaging waterfront programs for our camp participants. As the Senior Counsellor-Lifeguard, they will model behaviour expected of other counsellors and junior staff while demonstrating strong leadership skills. With safety as a priority, the Senior Counsellor-Lifeguard will help guests to try new and exciting activities at camp.
- Energetically and inclusively facilitate waterfront programs (e.g., boating, paddling, watersports, swimming, etc.)
- Assist in the planning and delivery of waterfront programs for all age groups
- Inventory, inspect and maintain all program equipment prior to and after use
- Provide guidance to counsellor and junior staff in the delivery of programming
- Ensure guests safety by adhering to CNIB Lake Joseph Centre waterfront procedures, health & safety, Ontario Camp Association and Lifesaving and NLS standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience and communication
- Experience in camp or other recreation programs an asset
- Experience and knowledge of teambuilding, initiative tasks and leadership skill programming
- Willingness to be cross-discipline trained on facilitating active living/adventure programs
- Current (within 6 months of start date) Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
- Current NLS certification required
- Current Waterfront NLS an asset
- PCO (Pleasure Craft Operator) card, or willingness to obtain
- Ability to work flexible hours in a changing and busy environment
- Must reside at CNIB Lake Joe during operational season and be willing to share accommodations with another staff member
To Apply: Click on following link: https://apply.workable.com/cnibfoundation/j/CDD64A6D5B/apply/
CNIB is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. We’re excited to review your application!
While we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to successfully pass a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Life is a beautiful, wonderful, complex thing. Life with sight loss should be no different. At CNIB, we’re on a mission to change what it means to be blind, and we’re not slowing down. We think big, take risks, embrace change, and ask questions. We’re inviting you to be part of the conversation.
Our diversity is our strength – we take pride in our inclusive workplace and are committed to recruiting and selecting in a fair, transparent, and accessible way. CNIB welcomes applications from those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility (IDEA) to join us in expanding our capacity for inclusion in the broadest sense. To this end, we strongly encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people who are blind or partially sighted, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. We enthusiastically invite applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience is a definite asset. CNIB is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
Our team’s health and wellness are a priority, which is why we offer comprehensive benefits, competitive compensation, and flexible work schedules developed to help you stay healthy.
At CNIB, we are relentlessly passionate about what we do. We are in our second century of smashing societal barriers and stigmas through innovative programs and powerful advocacy. We are a collaborative, empowered team that drives achievement and equality. If that sounds like your cup of tea, let’s talk.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.