An employer in Parry Sound is looking to hire a Retail Merchandiser
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
You will be servicing various departments within stores; you will not be working in a store
The Retail Merchandiser is a part-time position that performs service work in the companies department in various retail stores such as grocery stores, drug stores, department stores and mass retailers. These positions do not service the companies Card Shops.
This is your opportunity to represent the world’s best-known greeting card brand and develop retailer relationships in your community. This company provides paid training, paid travel time and mileage reimbursement between stores and access to a variety of corporate discounts.
There are three major components of this PART-TIME position:
1) Day to Day Service:
• Product merchandising: You will handle all aspects of product merchandising within your assigned stores. You will use a company-issued, hand-held mobile device to replenish, straighten and track inventory of company products. This could include products placed inside the companies department or within other areas of the store.
• Store employee and customer interaction: You must interact in a professional manner with store employees, store management and customers while in the store.
• Schedule: Your Territory Supervisor will clarify your specific schedule. Work is typically scheduled Monday through Friday during the day and hours will increase during holiday periods.
2) Holiday Support:
• This companies business is season driven. Your scheduled days and hours will increase the week before and after the following holidays – Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
• You may be required to work on the actual holiday for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
3) Department Remodels and Resets:
• Occasionally, you may be required to be a part of an installation team and work on activities to include, but not limited to, building fixtures, moving card departments, installing fixtures and product and remodeling card departments.
• Typically you will receive at least a 2-week notice for remodel/reset work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – All Positions
This is a physically demanding job that requires a high level of energy and a sense of urgency. You will be working on the selling floor as well as in back stockrooms. You must be able to consistently push, pull, lift, and carry cartons, merchandise and display fixtures up to 30 pounds throughout the work day and up to 50 pounds on occasion. You will also be required to stoop, squat, walk, and stand throughout your work day, and you may be required to climb stairs and step ladders.
REQUIREMENTS – All Positions
• Access to a Wi-Fi network and the internet
• Able to operate hand-held technology provided to open and read documents and interpret information
• Flexibility to work a changing work schedule that may include an occasional evening or weekend
• Reliable transportation to report to assigned locations as scheduled
• Eligible to work in the United States
• Able to read, understand and communicate in English
• At least 18 years of age
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• May be required to work the week before and the week after major holidays
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.