For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Now hiring QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN for one of our clients located in Orilla, ON. We are looking for 2 highly motivated candidates to fill full-time positions!
What’s in it for you?
Be part of a passionate, highly driven team
A positive, diverse atmosphere
Great opportunities for career progression
Provide continuous guidance and support to help to preserve the Food Safety and Quality culture in the Plant. Help to ensure that all products made in the Plant are produced to meet all food safety and quality requirements and all Food Safety and Quality Tasks are completed as per the schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Constant monitoring of the GMP and Allergen Prevention programs
• Monitor and provide leadership and guidance to the employees and departments in the Plant
• Review paperwork from the Plant, including production, maintenance and shipping/receiving
• Carry out verifications as required, e.g. on CCPs, specific important procedures in production and to evaluate training
• Ensure all specifications, procedures and Food Safety and Quality Systems (HACCP and BRC) are followed in the Plant
• Deal with CFIA inspectors on a daily basis for CVS and provide guidance and support to personnel whilst being interviewed by inspectors
• Report any food safety or quality issues to the QA/HACCP Coordinator/Food Safety and Quality Manager
• Train staff on a regular basis ensuring all are trained in the roles they are performing.
• Carry out required scheduled tasks such as verification of scales and thermometers, verifications of specs and SOPs, water sampling, review of pest control, glass and hard plastic checks and other tasks related to the Food Safety and Quality programs
• Responsible for placing product on Hold as required, and releasing product
• Taking samples for product testing, sending COC to lab and logging results
• Carrying out Shelf Life evaluation on various products as required
• Taking and plating swabs for environmental testing
• High school graduate; third level education an advantage, but not essential as extensive training provided
• Ability to multitask and work well under pressure is a must
• Experience working in the food industry and advantage
• Knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) systems an advantage
• Experience with BRC and advantage
• Proficient computer skills, including Word and Excel
• Good communication skills, team oriented and able to work independently
• Adaptable and flexible
* MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION*
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.