CNIB Lake Joseph Centre is looking for a Property Assistant for the June 26th – September 2nd, 2023 season.
CNIB Lake Joe is a fully accessible lakefront facility located in Muskoka providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high-quality programs to people of all ages who are living with sight loss.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
Reporting to the Facility Operator, the Property Assistant will assist with the property needs of CNIB Lake Joseph Centre. As a member of the facility team, responsibilities for the position include, landscaping, property and equipment maintenance, building maintenance and cleaning, and assisting with property projects as required.
As a requirement of the position, candidates must have their own CSA approved safety shoes/boots.
- Assist with all maintenance of CNIB Lake Joe’s building and grounds (i.e., landscaping and ground maintenance, etc.)
- Conduct and document weekly inspections to all buildings and grounds and report findings to supervisor
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the grounds
- Mow and rake grass and ensure that gardens are maintained
- Empty garbage containers from all grounds and buildings
- Be positive and helpful to all guests and staff members
- Assist with specialty functions on site
- Assist with general maintenance of all site vehicles, including vans, boats and grounds equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience, empathy and communication
- Knowledge of cleaning products, site equipment and general building maintenance
- Must provide current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (18+)
- WHMIS Training an asset
- Ability to Lift Heavy Objects (up to 50 lbs.)
- Hold a Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certification
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work in a changing and busy environment
Apply now at: https://apply.workable.com/cnibfoundation/j/7632860FC1/apply/
CNIB is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. We’re excited to review your application!
While we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.
Life is a beautiful, wonderful, complex thing. Life with sight loss should be no different. At CNIB, we’re on a mission to change what it means to be blind, and we’re not slowing down. We think big, take risks, embrace change, and ask questions. We’re inviting you to be part of the conversation.
Our diversity is our strength – we take pride in our inclusive workplace and are committed to recruiting and selecting in a fair, transparent, and accessible way. CNIB welcomes applications from those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility (IDEA) to join us in expanding our capacity for inclusion in the broadest sense. To this end, we strongly encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people who are blind or partially sighted, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. We enthusiastically invite applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience is a definite asset. CNIB is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
Our team’s health and wellness are a priority, which is why we offer comprehensive benefits, competitive compensation, and flexible work schedules developed to help you stay healthy.
At CNIB, we are relentlessly passionate about what we do. We are in our second century of smashing societal barriers and stigmas through innovative programs and powerful advocacy. We are a collaborative, empowered team that drives achievement and equality. If that sounds like your cup of tea, let’s talk.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.