Your duties will include the following (but are not limited to):
- Sweeping of walkways
- Cleaning of cobwebs & light fixtures from buildings
- Cleaning and organizing all public area and gathering places, straightening furniture, picking up garbage
- Delivering messages
- Bus pick ups & drop offs
- Picking up linen around resort & delivering items to individual housekeepers
- Cleaning the pool area after 6:00 p.m.
- Beach area – straightening furniture and collecting garbage at the beach in the am & pm
- Putting away shuffleboard equipment each evening
- Straightening and colour coding of waterfront chairs and chairs on Main Hotel lawn
- Checking dock regularly for garbage etc.
- Keeping the grounds free of garbage etc.
- Resetting breakers that may have been tripped
- Plunging toilets when necessary
- Directing and carrying the Guest’s bags to their accommodation
- Emptying ashtray stands around the resort and office regularly
- Wiping down all outside chairs each morning or after a rainfall
- All information & concerns should be brought to the attention of the Executive Housekeeper. If unavailable the next in line is the Rooms Division Manager & General Manager.
Criteria for Evaluation
- Work performance & ability to work unsupervised
- Relations with staff, management and most importantly guests
- Knowledge of property and programs offered
- Appearance & Attitude
- Dependability & Punctuality
- Initiative & Interest in Work
Please send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.
The position of a Porter at Clevelands House is made up of a variety of responsibilities in many areas of the Resort. The main areas of concentration include overall appearance of the Resort property, common areas, assisting in the Front Office with miscellaneous responsibilities and assisting the Housekeeping Department with deliveries. Successful applicants should feel comfortable working with people and be personable, friendly and courteous at all times.