To carry out all aspects of Township waste management, under the direction of the Waste Management Co-ordinator. A complete job description is available at the Municipal Office.
- Aware of the dangers involved in open burning and all aspects of extinguishing a fire.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Understanding of the operation and maintenance of heavy equipment.
- Able to operate and maintain heavy equipment, ie. front end loader, baler.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills because part of this job is being able to vocalize the wishes of Council to the public on a daily basis.
- Computer skills.
- Grade 12 Diploma or Post Secondary Education
- Valid Class G Driver’s License in good standing
- Police record check will be required
- Must be bondable.
Usual hours of work are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm for an 8 hour shift per week, however may be required to work flexible hours in order to accommodate the public use of the landfill and coverage for the Waste Management Co-ordinator as needed, including weekends, statutory holidays, vacation and sick coverage.
Qualified applicants please submit a detailed resume with references and signed cover letter no later than 3:00 pm on December 20, 2018 to:
Township of Machar
73 Municipal Rd N, Box 70
South River, ON POA 1XO
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The information provided will only be used for the purposes of this position and will be managed in confidence with the MFIPPA.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.
PART-TIME LANDFILL ATTENDED Needed in Machar Township