Skip back to main navigation
Camp Tanamakoon needs an Overnight Camp Cook/Baker.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 15, 2023
Hours of Work: 40
Wages: $1,050.00 - $1100.00 CAD per week, pending Experience.
Duties & Qualifications:
• Camp Cooks report to the Camp Chef & Food Manager and provide daily meals and baking service. Up to two positions may be available.
• Assisting the Camp Chef in daily meal production as required
• Supporting the kitchen staff and the meal service as required.
• Responsible for daily baking production.
• Assisting the Camp Chef in managing the day-to-day kitchen operation.
• Maintaining excellent health and hygiene practices and adhering to the camp’s kitchen work and safety policies.
• Support all protocols and policies as defined by the Ministry of Health and Camp Tanamakoon
• Ensuring that special diet meals/deserts are prepared for campers, staff, and visitors with special needs.
• Ensuring the camp minimizes food waste, and complies with camp and Algonquin Park practices for food and waste handling and cleanliness.
• Overnight camp requires employees to live on site.
• Secondary School completion required.
• Prior experience preferred in a children’s summer camp kitchen/food service
• Cooking/baking skills for large groups.
• Cuisine experience: Canadian, Italian, Mexican, Vegetarian, special diets, etc.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in comparable setting required.
• Familiar and comfortable with the Algonquin Park area
• Culinary education qualifications or certification required.
• Excellent teamwork skills both as a leader and team player
• Be comfortable in the natural world and semi rustic setting
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR by phone (listed above) – Resume Required
Job Type: Seasonal
Full Time Hours Per Week: 40
Advertising Method: General AdThis job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.