Town of Gravenhurst is seeking for an employee to fill their Office Assistant – Infrastructure position, located in Gravenhurst, ON!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
|1. Greet and provide assistance to residents and external customers at the Infrastructure Services counter. Record complaints into OMS software and direct work orders to the Director of Infrastructure Services, Public Works and Operations Manager, Roads and Parks Foremen, Manager of Facilities, Parks/Wharf and Cemetery Operators.
2. Responds to inquiries via email and telephone from the general public, community and special interest groups, internal staff/departments etc. local government services in general, in a courteous, friendly and efficient manner to promote a high standard of customer service and public relations at all times.
3. Processes all departmental mail, faxes and courier shipments, and distributes to the appropriate staff member.
4. Assist with department file maintenance, including making up new files, filing, year-end recording and boxing of files in accordance with policy and procedure set by Legislative Services.
5. Assist with examining and evaluating activity sheets for employee wages for payroll, materials for inventory, town equipment for revenue, hired equipment for payment to the job and accomplishment for the Town and District of Muskoka for posting to the general ledger
6. Assist with the renewal and purchase process for seasonal and daily boat slips at the Muskoka Wharf. Including creating files, formatting and typing correspondence letters and emails, scheduling daily slip rentals and coordinate with the Finance Department for seasonal and daily boat slip purchases.
7. Providing clerical and administrative support to Infrastructure Services staff and updating various documents and forms related to department operations.
8. Carrying out special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director of Infrastructure Services or designate.
|1. Must be currently enrolled as a student in a post-secondary environment (preferably in an Accounting or Finance program)
2. Good mathematical, oral and written skills
3. Clerical/administrative experience would be considered an asset
4. Proficiency in a computerized environment, operating systems, database software; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point
5. Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, both oral and written
6. Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in providing information to internal or external customers in a courteous and tactful manner; and when dealing with sensitive or confidential issues; ability to project a professional image
7. Attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
9. General working knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
10. WHMIS 2015 certification is required for all new hires and must be presented at the time of hire.
11. Valid G license with a clean drivers abstract satisfactory to the corporation (Use of own vehicle may be required)
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.