An employer in Almaguin is hiring an Office Administrative Assistant!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer this position provides support to Office Administration as it pertains to the municipal operations as set out in the Ontario Municipal Act, the Public Sector Accounting Board requirements, Freedom of Information and the Protection of Privacy Act.
The position requires proficiency in computer applications/programs related to water and tax billings, meter reading equipment and spreadsheets. The position requires excellent written communication skills and public relations skills with a commitment to understanding and meeting customer/community needs.
• Respond, initially, to all inquiries at the front counter or by telephone, e-mail or fax and take the appropriate actions which include referring to the appropriate staff, taking a message, providing general information and specific forms as requested. This also includes making appointments for such matters as tax and water arrears or Commissioner of Oaths.
• Receives payments for taxes, licenses, permits and other miscellaneous revenue and issues receipts.
• Opens mail, dates mail received, and prepares outgoing mail for delivery.
• Determine who the appropriate person is for mail distribution or phone calls
• Prepares bank deposits.
• Makes changes to computer files and Assessment Rollregarding names, address and ownership information.
• Prepares master list for monthly update to MPAC.
• Greet visitors to the office, routes or responds to enquiries directly at the counter and by telephone and provides factual information to the public in the areas where knowledgeable .
• Keep generic discussions with customers and staff to a minimum in an effort to keep the focus on the daily tasks of the office
• Responsible for the maintenance of the filing systems.
• Supports the fax function by recording incoming and outgoing faxes and distributing same to the appropriate staff member.
• Prepare and receive all courier shipments to and from the municipality
• Inconjunction with the Chief Financial Officer issues Lottery Licenses, as required, and answers inquiries by the public regarding licensing and follow up with reporting requirements.
• Tracks data on spread sheets as requested by the Chief Financial Officer.
• Utilizes digital mapping system (CGIS) to prepare circulation lists, notice and pre-consultation notes as required by the Clerk Administrator, Chief Financial Officer or the other department heads.
• Act as regular back-up for the Accounts Clerk at lunch hour, during vacation time or sick time
Education and Qualifications:
• Minimum Grade 12, college or university preferred
• A minimum of five years’ work experience in a municipal environment.
• Completion of AMCTO’s Municipal Administration Program is desirable.
• The candidate must possess knowledge of the variety of services offered by the Municipality and have excellent writing skills. Strong organizational and communication skills, significant experience with a variety of computer applications including Excel and the ability to undertake multiple tasks in a self -driven fast paced environment are required. The ability to adjust to changing priorities and an ability to use common sense and clear thinking in an emergency situation is a necessary skill.
• Word processing and computer abilities . Good knowledge of municipal accounting procedures
• High level of secretarial and clerical skills and a good knowledge of office practice (including filing practices )
• Attention to detail and a high degree of data entry accuracy
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• A high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information and monetary
• Proven ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated customer-service skills and effective oral communication and strong
interpersonal skills to deal with members of the public and staff
• Good public relations, including an appreciation of the need for confidentiality, tact and discretion.
• Efficient use of time spent with customers and other staff
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.