An employer in Kilworthy is hiring a Nursery and Landscape Assistant.
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
● Receive daily instructions from supervisors
● Plant and seed native perennials and shrubs
● Weed and prepare garden beds (includes removing sod, moving soil & mulch, placing rocks etc.)
● Assist in the construction of hardscapes and landscape construction projects (including pathways, decks, fences etc.)
● Assisting clients in selecting and purchasing native perennials and shrubs
● Processing cash and credit card payments for plant purchases
● Assist in the maintenance of facilities including cleaning greenhouses
● Maintain a safe and organized job site
● Work in accordance with all health and safety laws and regulations
Preference will be given to those with a driver’s license and their own means of transportation.
● Experience with landscaping and/or gardening
● Ability to lift up to 50lbs
● Have a positive attitude
● Enthusiasm for practicing ecological landscaping methods and a willingness to learn
● High School Diploma
Due to potential funding supplied by the Canada Summer Grants program.
Applicants should be:
(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
(c) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.