Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres are looking for a Permanent Part-time Nurse for the Bracebridge area. Union: This position is represented by U.F.C.W. Local 175. Reference ID: 001-OATC-1366
Come join our growing organization as a part of a high performing CARE team who are committed to changing the lives of people suffering from addiction!
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT CATC:
AS A MULTIDISCIPLINARY HEALTHCARE TEAM – TOGETHER, WE CARE:
Compassionate | Accessible | Respectful | Experts in Addiction Medicine
- Wellness – Benefits including Healthcare Spending Account, Employment Assistance Program, Discounted GoodLife Fitness memberships, Paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement and mental health.
- Work/Life Balance – Family-Friendly Shifts, No Long hours, No Overnight Shifts.
- Career Development – Professional Development, Lunch & Learn Sessions and Access to 100+ courses within the Company’s Learning Management System.
- Preparation for the Future – Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Recognition – Service Recognition Program
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Clinic Nurse is accountable for the development and delivery of a range of harm reduction and supportive treatment modalities for patients with opiate dependency based on a patient centered model of care. The ideal candidate is a compassionate, caring individual and who can understand the challenges our patients and their families face. As the ideal candidate you are a nurse who is able to interact with diverse and cultural clients while delivering exceptional support and treatment. Working within a multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals, you have excellent communication skills, thrive on working within a team within a busy clinic work environment.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates professionally, ethically and with integrity within the guidelines and standards of the Ontario College of Nurses and adheres to the highest standards of medical practice
- Dispense and administer medications (including methadone, suboxone, narcotics, and injections) as delegated by a licensed Physician.
- Collaborates with members of an interdisciplinary team to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate the appropriate treatment plans to support the patient.
- Performs ECG’s, venipuncture, urine drug screening supervision and testing and other vitals
- Administers injections and ensures proper documentation of injection numbers consistent with documented protocols
- Responsible for the return of medication bottles, and medication tracking sheets
- Communicates with Physician regarding patient needs, change in status and all emergency situations including medical abnormalities
- Provides comprehensive program information to current and prospective patients of CATC
- Scheduling, information entry and assessment, data management, and document management
- Update, maintain and ensure accuracy of patient information within Electronic Medical Records
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Completion of a Diploma in Registered Practical Nursing or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Previous experience in addiction treatment and/or a similar field.
- A member in good standing with the College of Nurses in Ontario.
- Completes yearly CNO Quality Assurance certification.
- Provision of a recent and acceptable Criminal Reference Check.
- Phlebotomy and Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG) are an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification is required.
- Strong commitment to working with individuals living with addiction and mental health.
- Ability to establish therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Knowledge of Harm Reduction principles; ability to work with clients experiencing addiction and mental illness and their families.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft platform, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At the Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres, we strive to be leaders in the industry by creating access to best-in-class treatment to the communities that we serve. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals living with the devastating effects of drug addiction. We apply a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach and strive to provide quality of care and patient experience, while providing an encouraging, compassionate and judgement-free care environment. Each of our clinics offers integrated medical and pharmacy services specifically designed to engage patients in a manner that promotes the development of a strong therapeutic relationship between the patient and his/her CARE team.
Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.