The Membership Sales and Service staff members are responsible for achieving sales targets, delivering exceptional service and for processing transactions in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
- Deliver exceptional customer service as per YMCA SAM Standards and best practices.
- Achieve sales targets as defined by the Supervisor, Sales and Service.
- Complete all transactions in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Actively work towards maintaining a neat, clean, safe and well organized service area at all times.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all YMCA programs and services.
- Respond to inquiries in a clear, informed manner. Explore customer needs with probing questions to ensure that patrons understand the broad range of YMCA programs and services.
- Engage in friendly, open dialogue with members and patrons to promote a sense of belonging and
- Communicate all service and safety deficiencies to the Manager on Duty in a timely manner for resolution.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to members, participants, volunteers and staff.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description.
- Proven Customer Service Experience
- Computer Literate
- Excellent Oral Communication Skills
- Unison Training
- SAM Training
- 7 Steps of Selling Training
- Adult Engagement & IC Level # 1 Certification
- Emergency Training
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Child Protection orientation
- AODA training
- Health & Safety Awareness training
- Bill 168 (Violence & Harassment in the Workplace) training
- PCI Compliance
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on client needs
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training is required before or shortly after commencement of work
Qualified candidates who wish to be considered are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
Applications will remain open until Dec 14th 2018.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.
As our Mission Statement affirms, “My Y is dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of belonging to each other and the global community.” Our Vision for the future is “My Y inspires people to reach their full potential.”
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is looking for a Full Time/Part Time Membership Sales& Service Associate in Gravenhurst