An Employer in North Bay is seeking to hire Meat Cutters for a full time job!
Here is an opportunity to be a part of a new, up-and-coming organization
• Professional and career development opportunities
• Competitive salary
• Opportunity for career advancement
Wages commensurate with experience.
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Cut and trim beef and carcasses into primal and standard cuts
• Cut and prepare meat to specification or customer’s orders
• Cut, bone, or grind pieces of meat
• Weigh, wrap, package, label and lot code various cuts of meat for further distribution
• Protect and store cuts of meat in Cooler and Freezer rooms at the required temperatures
• Keep an accurate inventory of meat products and material supplies
• Sharpen work tools (knife skills) and be able to adjust cutting equipment for intended operations
• Clean equipment and ensure that work areas are maintained at an acceptable level of sanitary maintenance and housekeeping
• Organize and manage workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
• Ensure safe and optimal equipment operation
• Receive, inspect, and transfer and store meat parts and products upon delivery
• Participate positively in an organizational culture based on respect, Health and Safety, Food Safety and Quality in a regulatory environment
• Follow safe procedures compliant with CFIA, GFSI, Halal Certifications, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, Health & Safety and other legislative bodies.
- High school diploma or equivalent
• 1 year of experience working in a food manufacturing/processing environment preferred
• Experience and familiarity working with automation systems and processes
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and knife skills
• Ability to stand for extended periods and handle bending, crouching and kneeling
• Ability to handle and lift heavy loads
• Ability to work in cold/refrigerated conditions
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Strong decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills (able to communicate and write in the English language)
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to support common goals
• Any licenses (i.e., able to drive a tow motor/ forklift) would be an asset for specific positions
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.