An employer located in the Dunchurch area is seeking an employee to fill their Manager of Public Works position!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer/Clerk, the Manager of Public Works is responsible for administration and management of roads, building maintenance, small water systems, open spaces and landfill operations in a unionized environment. Key responsibilities include oversight of these services, associated staff and contracts and the preparation and monitoring of an annual budget that reflects the long-term asset management plan.Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs, monitors and oversees the activities of the Public Works Department
• Plans, prioritizes and ensures the implementation of Public Works maintenance and construction programs
• Provides recommendations and advice to Council
• Develops departmental standards, policies and procedures as well as the Asset Management Plan
• Ensures Municipality’s compliance with all necessary Provincial policies and regulations, including but not limited to:
• Responds to inquiries and investigates complaints from the public and public agencies
• Prepares and Monitors Budgets
|Education and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.• Post-secondary education in a related engineering discipline with a C.E.T or CTech (Engineering Technologist or Engineering Technician) designation in good standing.
• The ideal candidate will have knowledge of all aspects of Public Works related municipal operations including roads, building, open spaces, landfill operations, water systems as well as working knowledge of Minimum Maintenance Standards for municipal highways for summer and winter.
• Knowledge of Asset Management
• Strong project management skills
• Proven written and oral communication and report writing skills preferably in reports written for municipal Council
• Proficient in Windows based software including Word, Excel and Outlook and software relating to operations of public works.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.