An employer in Almaguin is looking to hire a Locks Attendant for the 2021 summer season!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
To oversee the operation and maintenance of the Magnetawan Locks, Centennial Park and Centennial Park Washrooms. To provide boaters with a safe and enjoyable experience when travelling through the locks. To provide information to visitors about Magnetawan and the surrounding area including events, activities, directions, businesses, natural attractions, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engages with the public and must communicate in an effective, friendly, respectful, and helpful
- Manually open and closes lock gates and ensures that the locks are operated in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Maintains accurate records in the Municipality logbook: traffic counts, all cash transactions, daily cash balances, and ensure cash deposits are turned into the Municipality office.
- Ensures that boats travelling through the locking system are provided with a ticket, and that the boat driver pays the appropriate fee in cash.
- Ensures that the lock area (grounds, docks, building), Centennial Park (washrooms, beach areas, and garbage’s), are maintained in a clean and neat condition.
- Records in writing any accidents, incidents or occurrences and report to the Recreation Supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be fifteen (15) years or older and returning to full time studies in the Fall.
- Provide proof of school enrollment.
- Possess experience with handling cash.
- Have a good disposition and customer service experience.
- Be able to follow directions and adapt to changing needs.
- Be able to work independently and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, and punctual.
- Eligible to work in Ontario.
- Previous customer service experience would be considered an asset.
- A standard First Aid/CPR certificate would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrates strong initiative and motivation.
- Must have a clean and neat appearance.
- Ability to be dynamic and flexible when presented with tasks and duties.
- Boating license or Pleasure Craft Operators Card would be considered an asset.
- Experience working with boats and/or on waterways.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Working outdoors for majority of the day. Prepared to work in most weather conditions including heat, rain, and wind. Accommodations will be made for extreme weather.
- May be required to arrive before or remain after normally scheduled working hours to operate the locks and perform other duties as required.
- Will be required to walk from the locks to Centennial Park.
- May be required to perform physical tasks, including but not limited to, pushing/pulling of lock gates, lifting, and carrying up to 30lbs, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
- The Lock Attendant must maintain an effective and cooperative working relationship with the other attendants and municipal staff.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.