The Line Operator is responsible for physically operating an extrusion line in a way that ensures all products are produced free from cosmetic and physical defects, and are within manufacturing tolerances. The Line Operator is responsible for the quality of the product run and adjusts and documents operating conditions to produce the highest attainable quality of pipe in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knows and understands the quality and material requirements for all products being produced
- Monitors operating parameters of product and extrusion equipment to confirm that product materials and quality requirements are being met
- Starts production lines and makes necessary adjustments to process conditions and to extrusion equipment including the extruder, die, water, and vacuum tank
- Monitors cooling system (both vacuum and spray) to ensure proper operation, which includes, but is not limited to, water levels within the vacuum tank, proper flow and spray pattern in spray tanks, and water temperature.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all product dimensions on production reports and accurately tracks “Lost Production Hours” including the reasons for lost time
- Ensures all unused tooling is returned to the tool room
- Coordinates required tooling changes with other operators that have responsibilities on the line
- Ensures pipe is marked with proper print line as specified in the quality manual
- Follows all company-standard and position-specific safety requirements, and reports any unsafe working conditions or broken equipment to the Extrusion Supervisor/Production Manager
- Performs any other duties assigned by Supervisor and/or Production Manager
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or 1 year extrusion experience
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to perform simple math, add, subtract, multiply, divide and take measurements
- Knowledge and understanding of the job duties of Downstream Operators, Material Handlers, and Reel Builders
- Knowledge and understanding of the smooth core procedures and operation
- Valid lift truck/forklift license
- Working knowledge of extruders, printers, reelers, vacuum systems, chiller systems, resin systems, pullers, quality control standards, and product specifications
OCCUPATIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of paperwork procedures and documentation requirements
- Familiarity with inventory procedures for raw materials used in extrusion
- Ability to lift more than 100 pounds with reasonable assistance
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance
- Ability to climb ladders, listen to equipment, look for defects and sense temperature changes in the finished product
- Ability to spend up to 12 hours a shift on foot around hot machinery
- Ability to move from one area to another by stepping over and/or bending under objects
- Manufacturing floor environment
Please Apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.
Duraline is looking to hire a Line Operator in Bracebridge, ON