Superior Facility Services is looking to hire a Laundry Aide!
How to Apply: email@example.com
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Supervisor, the Laundry Aide is responsible for processing facility linens and residents’ personal laundry, by following laundry procedures.
- Carries out laundry procedures as set out in the procedures manual;
- Participates as a team player and cooperates with other departments
- Ensures the proper cleanliness of the residents personal laundry and facility linen;
- Hangs and folds clothing and linen;
- Delivers clothing to the residents rooms and puts them in the proper drawer or closet as required;
- Maintains an adequate supply of clean facility linen;
- Delivers linen to the various linen closets on the nursing floors;
- Responsible for laundering items used in the various departments within the facility;
- Follows and complies the established laundry procedures in the infection control manual as well as established safety guidelines;
- Responsible for the reporting of any equipment malfunctions and safety concerns to the Environmental Services Manager;
- Responsible to maintain a sanitary environment within the department;
- Follows daily routines established to meet the objectives of the department;
- To complete records regarding department responsibilities
- Ensures a safe environment for residents, visitors, and staff;
- Participates on facility committees;
- Attends and participates in interdisciplinary care conferences as required;
- Adaptable and flexible;
- Willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned;
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work place; includes but not limited to reporting hazards; accident investigations; ESRTW and participation in annual HSMS audit program
- Other duties as assigned.
Employees need to be fully vaccinated for Covid (3 doses), obtain a vulnerable sector police check and TB test prior to start. If this is something that you may be able to assist with please let me know and we can discuss further.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Working knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS);
- Must possess patience and tact;
- Must be able to multi-task;
- Knowledge of basic laundry functions;
- Must be organized and able to set priorities;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to take direction;
- Must have a genuine interest in the care of the elderly;
- Ability to obtain a clear vulnerable sector criminal record check; and
- Must have effective English skills, written and verbal.
- Completion of High School Diploma preferred.
- Available seven (7) days a week;
- Flexible hours;
- Fast paced environment;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Large workload;
- Repetitive motion that includes bending and twisting;
- Extended periods of standing and walking; and
- Lifting heavy loads of wet laundry.
Evaluated upon the completion of the probationary period and on an annual basis thereafter.
Opportunities for Advancement
Possible career paths include, but are not limited to: Housekeeping Aide, Maintenance Aide, Housekeeping Supervisor, Environmental Services Supervisor, and various head office positions. Opportunities for advancement are also available in other facilities with more responsibilities for those who show initiative and proficient skills.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.