Grow Your Career with Hall Construction! Hall requires Labourer-Asphalt/Landscaping, reporting to Project Supervisor/Manager.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
Wayne Hall Construction Inc. (Hall Construction) is a dynamic and specialized construction company dedicated to providing the highest quality construction services to our many valued clients and customers.
Our commitment to quality and superior workmanship is second to none. Established over 40 years ago, Hall Construction has been providing granular materials, Superpave asphalt aggregates, granite specialty materials, environmentally sensitive products, and landscaping materials from our 8 conveniently located aggregate sites.
In addition, and with a dedicated team of long-term employees, we are proud to work to improve the local residential infrastructure throughout the Greater Muskoka Area, not only for our clients but also for ourselves, as we work where we live!
Our business also focuses on construction specialties such as; underground service installation, rock blasting (by Georgian Rock Company Limited, a division of Hall Construction), granular placement, grading, culverts and structures. Our services also include site development work, site servicing, landscaping, recreational courts & facilities, and driveways.
Through our current growth strategy, we are looking for qualified and skilled staff who want to work in a dynamic team environment where they can stand out for their skills, abilities and take credit for the projects they complete. The successful candidate will be provided with on the job training and any necessary certificates/courses to ultimately develop a long-term career path with the company.
The Asphalt/Landscaping Labourer works under the direction of the other staff to effectively and efficiently complete hard and soft landscaping projects including grading, retaining walls, paths, flagstone, rock work, paving and other landscape features. The Labourer reports directly to the Supervisor/manager responsible for the project and is responsible for the quality, and safe performance of tasks provided. The essential elements of the position include, but are not limited to;
- Abide by all company policies, procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude and the reputation of Hall Construction Inc.
- Engage in physical labor including lifting, pulling and pulling heavy objects.
- Able to operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: chainsaws, pumps, fall arrest/rescue equipment, compaction equipment, generators, bobcats, etc.
- Ability to operate other construction excavation equipment an asset.
- Competent in the use of various hand tools and powered (pneumatic and electrical, hydraulic) industrial tools, including pressure washers, saws, drills etc.
- Ensures proper use of equipment and immediately notify supervisor/manager of any mechanical failure or problem of equipment.
- Adheres to and ensures constant compliance with Health & Safety Compliance and regulations. Including the proper use of personal protective Equipment (PPE). This includes, skin, face, hand and foot protection, and work processes, in a multiple number of combinations.
- Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions: including heat and cold while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment.
- Able to work in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance or at heights, with the appropriate PPE and training.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of Hall Construction business, and may include evening and weekend work, etc.
- “Students looking to work and learn a new skill” are welcome
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Valid drivers license required as a continuing condition of employment
- Maintain a clean driving record
- previous construction experience
- OSHA based Training an asset
Required knowledge and understanding:
- Knowledge of construction and construction practices
- Knowledge of materials, and equipment capacities/limitations etc.
- Attention to detail
- Able to take and comply with directions
- Able to perform multiple tasks
- Able to travel, work weekends
- Available for 24/day on-call basis
This position involves regular physical exertion. Positions constantly requires standing, lifting up to 50lbs., pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, crawling, stooping and crouching in/out of confined spaces, and equipment operation. Frequently requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses). Occasionally requires sitting. Requires the ability to properly wear and use forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) including chainsaw operator protection equipment, and specialized PPE which may be required for confined space entries.
If you believe you meet the requirements of this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that only candidates that meet the requirements of the position will be contacted to discuss next steps in the interview process. We thank all applicants for their interest in Hall Construction, an equal opportunity employer.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.