Huntsville Employer is looking for a Interior Designer/Sales Representative
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
The Interior Designer/Sales Representative will ensure sales goals are maximized through effective and strategic product placement and merchandising, professional consultative advice to customers regarding home design, and a commitment to customer service excellence. This individual will further be responsible for overseeing partial and full home interior decorating services to our clients.
• Organizational and Environmental Awareness
• Planning and Organizing
• Service Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Results Orientation
• Ensure merchandise is displayed appropriately and strategically with proper signage and shelf placement according to store and company standards.
• Assist store manager in developing product placement plans and initiatives.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with all co-workers.
• Maintain all merchandising standards while rotating products as required.
• Complete all assigned merchandising functions accurately and within set timeframe.
• Assist in maintaining store appearance and cleanliness at all times.
• Provide professional and courteous assistance to customers as required.
• Build strong relationships with customers, by serving as a brand ambassador for The Cutter’s Edge and its mission and values
• Generate sales and ensure complete customer satisfaction throughout the sale’s life cycle
• Advise customers on the use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning specialized products or services such as custom furniture and kitchens.
• Become actively engaged in learning all of our product offerings, asking questions when necessary
• Participate in promotional activities.
• Maintain a high level of customer service excellence and professionalism at all times with customers and team
• Estimate and quote prices for custom products and ensure terms of the sale are met, including ordering, delivery/pickup and communication with the customer.
• Work in partnership with store managers and other employees to maximize store sales and in-store presence.
• Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge.
• Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times.
• Ensure that assigned tasks are completed on time and to a high standard and require minimal follow-up from the store manager.
• Determine the client’s goals and requirements of the project
• Consider how the space will be used and how people will move through the space
• Sketch preliminary design plans
• Specify materials and furnishings, such as lighting, furniture, area rugs and decor
• Prepare final plans, using computer applications
• Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs
• Place orders for materials and oversee installing the design elements if necessary
• Visit after the project to ensure that the client is satisfied
• Interior Design Diploma
• A minimum of 3 years has been spent working on high end residential and commercial projects
• Experienced user of Excel, Outlook, PhotoShop, SketchUp, InDesign, AutoCAD, Mosaic or other applicable programs
• Extensive background in Retail Merchandising
• Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
• Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
• Work could require local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid drivers license and use of personal vehicle.
• Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Advanced comprehension of industry practices and demonstrated ability to read floor plans and/or planograms etc.
• Goal oriented.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
• Detail oriented and demonstrated creativity.
• Manual dexterity required.
• Able to lift heavy objects.
• Ability to stand, bend, crouch for long periods of time.
• Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
• Overtime may be required.
• Travel may be required.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.