HORTICULTURAL TEAM MEMBER
Reports to Horticultural Project Leader
The Horticultural Team Member is expected to be a reliable, conscientious, laborer to perform general landscape tasks to assist their team with the beautification of our client’s gardens and lawn care.
Position Description (but not limited to)
- Move and spread soil and landscaping materials (soil, mulch, pea stone, sod & flagstone) using shovels and wheelbarrows
- Plant trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals
- Apply fertilizers, organic pest/disease products and or water to gardens and planters as needed/instructed.
- Perform spring and fall clean-ups (leaf removal, tarping, raking, edging)
- Deadhead spent blooms of perennials and annuals
- Clean walkways, patios, docks, decks, AstroTurf and driveways of organic debris
- Weed and generally groom garden, border areas and planters
- Prune shrubs, trees, perennials using appropriate equipment
- Use string-line trimmer as required
- Transplant, split and divide plants as required
- Top dress lawns
- Place planters, pots, barrels and patio furniture in appropriate locations
- Load/unload tools and supplies from work vehicles in a safe manner
- Assist in maintaining the professional appearance of company vehicles, tools and power equipment
- Complete daily time log, and help with daily paperwork as required
- Work outdoors in varying conditions (i.e. biting insects, indigenous wildlife, various temperatures, inclement weather)
- Varying seasonal hours. Peak season may require up to 60 hr/week
- Manual lifting and carrying
- Repetitive motions
- Hand/wrist vibration
- Occasional use of hammer, nails, level or ladder
- Occasional work in inclement weather
- Standing, bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work alongside the water edge i.e.: ponds, lakes, rivers
Please apply by Phone 705-762-1110
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.
Water’s Edge Landscaping in Bala, Ontario is looking for a Horticultural Team Member for the season