HORTICULTURAL PROJECT LEADER
Reports to Management
Duties – General Overview (but not limited to)
- Delegate tasks to team members fairly and with equal participation
- Monitor team’s performance, proactively motivate and empower team to work to their full potential
- Provide education & expertise to team members on plant identification, plant care, task completion
- Monitor absenteeism/punctuality and address issues promptly with clear documentation
- Conduct team member performance appraisals as required
- Liaise between clients and management to ensure excellent communication and client experience
- Proactively and promptly address any client concerns and report immediately to management
- Ensure customer service requests are completed
- Actively ‘up-sell’ services at every opportunity, promptly submitting accurate information to sales department
- Ensure tidiness of every project, attention to detail and “wow” factor
- Ensure supplies and tools are stocked and on truck based on daily requirements
- Keep tools and power equipment maintained and ready for daily use
- Follow procedures as required for tool and power equipment repair
- Ensure proper use and care of hand tools, power equipment and refueling of power equipment
- Organize and accurately complete paperwork as required
- Complete monthly vehicle reports, ensure team truck is clean, promptly address vehicle maintenance as required
Aligned with our Core Values: Principled Recognized Innovative Dependable Engaged
- Comply with procedures and policies, monitor evidence of P.R.I.D.E.
- Excellent leadership (proactive, motivational and team building), communication and interpersonal skills
- Manage project budgets effectively – Prioritize, delegate & plan effective use of time, materials and equipment.
- Follow and enforce the company employee manual, site hazard management and safety program
- Apply exceptional plant care knowledge proactively
- Manage conflict within the guidelines of Company violence and harassment policy
- Provide clear direction and respond to crew member questions with respect
- Demonstrate keen focus on Customer Experience and proactive inter-departmental communication
- Operate company vehicles in a safe and professional manner
- Represent the Company in a professional manner in all interactions (i.e. with clients, public, sub-trades, peers)
- Practice good housekeeping of tools etc. on all sites at all times
- Bring concerns regarding safety or personal/staff issues promptly to the attention of the Management Team
- Punctual, dependable and “steps up” in peak season when needed
- Attend all mandatory meetings, contribute in a professional manner and collaborate with core team.
- Horticultural knowledge and team leadership experience
- Holds a valid “G” license with clean record (max. 3 pts.)
- Holds a valid and current first aid certificate
- Manual lifting and carrying, shoveling, raking, standing, bending, crouching, kneeling
- Repetitive motions, hand/wrist vibration, reaching, negotiating stairs, slopes, and uneven terrain
- Work outdoors in varying conditions (i.e. biting insects, indigenous wildlife, various temperatures, inclement weather)
- Work alongside open bodies of water
- Varying seasonal hours. Peak season may require up to 60 hr/week
Terms and Conditions of Employment
As outlined in individual Employment Agreement. A signed copy of Employment Agreement is retained both by the employee, and is filed on record by employer.
Please apply by Phone 705-762-1110
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.
Water’s Edge Landscaping in Bala is looking for a Hoticultural Project Leader for the upcoming season