An employer in Almaguin is looking to hire a Heritage Centre Attendant for the 2021 summer season!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
To oversee the operation and maintenance of the Magnetawan Heritage Centre and Log Cabin. To provide information to visitors about Magnetawan and the surrounding area including events, activities, directions, businesses, natural attractions etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engages with the public and must communicate in an effective, friendly, respectful, and helpful
- Answers customers questions about the Heritage Centre, locks, and natural attractions.
- Informs customers of upcoming activities.
- Assists with planning and implementing special events, tours and education and public programming.
- Maintains accurate records of visitor attendance, all cash transactions, daily cash balances, and cash deposits.
- Completes light housekeeping (sweeping, mopping, dusting, garbage) of museum, log cabin, displays and grounds.
- Maintains the Municipal garden beds located beside the parking lot shed, and the garden beds located on the adjacent side of the bridge when time permits.
- Records in writing, any accidents, incidents, or occurrences and report to their Supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be fifteen (15) years or older and returning to full time studies in the Fall.
- Provide proof of school enrollment.
- Have a good disposition and customer service experience. Possess experience with handling cash.
- Be able to follow directions and adapt to changing needs.
- Be able to work independently and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be reliable, responsible, mature, trustworthy, and punctual.
- Eligible to work in Ontario.
- Previous experience working at a museum (or related environment) would be considered an asset.
- A standard First Aid/CPR certificate would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrates strong initiative and motivation.
- Must have a clean and neat appearance.
- Ability to be dynamic and flexible when presented with tasks and duties.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Working indoors for the majority of the day. Prepared to work in most weather conditions including heat, rain, and wind. Accommodations will be made for extreme weather.
- May be required to leave Museum building to attend to other duties.
- May be required to arrive before or remain after normal scheduled working hours to accommodate visitors.
- May be required to perform physical tasks, including but not limited to, bending, kneeling, crouching, lifting, and carrying up to 30lbs.
- The Heritage Centre Attendant must maintain an effective and cooperative working relationship with other Municipal staff.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.