CNIB Lake Joseph Centre is looking to hire a full-time Guest Services Clerk for the June 26 – August 26, 2023 season.
CNIB Lake Joe is a fully accessible lakefront facility located in Muskoka providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high-quality programs to people of all ages who are living with sight loss.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Guest Services Clerk will support the Guest Experience Lead and Guest Services Assistant in the daily operation of the camp office while overseeing the daily operation of the tuck shop and online store, with a focus on delivery of the best guest experience. This position will work to maintain the highest service standards in all guest communication prior to, during and post visit.
- Act as first point of contact to guests at Reception and Tuck Shop
- Oversee the operation of the Tuck Shop; monitoring inventory, restocking, tidying of the space, and processing transactions with guests
- Oversee the operation of the Online Camp Store; monitoring online orders, processing online orders for delivery
- Support arrival and departure of guests; inspect guest rooms, ensure guests who require accessible communication receive their materials in the requested format (i.e., Braille, electronic, large-print, etc.), assist with handing out room keys
- Assist in the operation of on-site orientation tours; receiving and logging requests for tours, leading tours, and connecting with Guest Services Assistant to lead tours when needed
- Monitor email inbox; responding to and/or flagging emails for Guest Services Lead
- Check voicemails and answer phone calls providing friendly customer service; flagging voicemails for Guest Services Lead, and forwarding phone calls to the appropriate staff
- Aid in handling guest enquiries, complaints and feedback; log information for tracking, escalate to Guest Services Lead when necessary
- Create detailed Daily Cash Reports (DCRs); counting the Tuck Shop float nightly, tracking the Tuck Shop sales for various payment types and sales
- Support guest registrations; provide information about programs, complete registrations over the phone with guests
- Perform general office duties: data entry, filing, photocopying, etc.
- Deliver enthusiastic and informative announcements throughout the day
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills, including patience and communication
- Experience working in an office setting is an asset
- Experience using SQUARE tools is an asset
- Experience using a POS (Point of Sale system) is an asset
- Knowledge of CampBrain software is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multitask
- Planning, organization and time management skills
- Computer proficiency (MS Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Current (within 6 months of start date) Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Ability to work flexible hours in a dynamic and busy environment, with frequent interruptions
- Must reside at CNIB Lake Joe during operational season and be willing to share accommodations with other staff member
CNIB is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. We’re excited to review your application!
While we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.About us
Life is a beautiful, wonderful, complex thing. Life with sight loss should be no different. At CNIB, we’re on a mission to change what it means to be blind, and we’re not slowing down. We think big, take risks, embrace change, and ask questions. We’re inviting you to be part of the conversation.
Our diversity is our strength – we take pride in our inclusive workplace and are committed to recruiting and selecting in a fair, transparent, and accessible way. CNIB welcomes applications from those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility (IDEA) to join us in expanding our capacity for inclusion in the broadest sense. To this end, we strongly encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people who are blind or partially sighted, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. We enthusiastically invite applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience is a definite asset. CNIB is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
Our team’s health and wellness are a priority, which is why we offer comprehensive benefits, competitive compensation, and flexible work schedules developed to help you stay healthy.
At CNIB, we are relentlessly passionate about what we do. We are in our second century of smashing societal barriers and stigmas through innovative programs and powerful advocacy. We are a collaborative, empowered team that drives achievement and equality. If that sounds like your cup of tea, let’s talk.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.