Patterson Kaye Resort is looking to hire a Grounds Person/Assistant!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Patterson Kaye Resort is seeking an enthusiastic , reliable and self motivated individuals to join our team. You will report directly to Management/Owner on weekly task you have completed, as well you will need to asses and report any issues you see along your work day.
Your workload will include a variety of tasks from maintaining the resort grounds to upkeep of the cottages.
We are a team of positive, supportive and hard-working people and make it a priority to have a fun working environment where we make sure you have the tools and direction to complete tasks properly.
- Ensure lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat weeds for weed control, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
- Pick up trash and debris from common areas and streets on a daily basis. Empty common area trash containers as needed.
- Empty trash, shovel, and perform maintenance or repair duties using saws, blowers, mowers, drills or other hand tools.
- Maintain resort vehicles and equipment.
- Report all resort maintenance issues and concerns identified while performing daily duties to the manager.
- Ensure resort is presentable at all times and adheres to curb appeal standards.
- Safely operate vehicles for the purpose of performing job duties.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- As Maintenance and Grounds personnel , you must be hard-working, reliable and focused on providing exceptional customer service with exceptional attention to detail. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High School Diploma.
- Previous grounds keeping experience an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general grounds maintenance techniques.
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery.
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
How to Apply: Via email – email@example.com
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.