An employer in Huntsville is looking to hire a Green Chain Piler!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
We are currently looking for a full time Green Chain Piler for our busy sawmill in Huntsville. Reporting to the Sawmill Supervisor the employee will be primarily responsible for maintaining a steady flow of material from the green chain onto lumber carts.
The following responsibilities are assigned to this position:
- Sort and pile lumber onto appropriate carts to customer standards.
- Ensure neatness and presentation of all packs
- For banding/marking/labeling lifts using appropriate banding material and hand tools for the job.
- Empty all garbage/recycling containers throughout the boardway and immediate yard area.
- If trained to operate 950 Loader/Dump Truck or other mobile equipment necessary to assist with chipper response and cleanup as required.
- Under Supervisor direction, assist with and perform Spill & Waste Cleanup.
- Follow all established safety procedures.
- Immediately report to your supervisor any condition or practice which may pose a safety risk.
- Understand and reliably perform all tasks, safety checks, and corrective procedures following established practices and procedures.
- Meet quality and efficiency expectations.
- Contribute and act effectively within the team.
- Other Duties as assigned
The following criteria are the minimum qualifications required for this position:
- WHIMIS, lockout training to the job
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to meet quality and efficiency expectations.
- Demonstrated reliability.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.