An employer in Huntsville is looking to hire Front-End Cashiers!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Cashiers play a critical role in customer service by providing customers with fast, friendly, accurate and safe service. Cashiers process transactions, answer customer questions, and ensuring customers leave satisfied. They proactively assist customers and direct them to open cash registers and various departments.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure every item is scanned
- Process Checkout and obtain payment
- Monitor and maintain the Self-Checkout area
- Ensure inventory accuracy
- Follow all Home Depot policies and procedures
- Ask customers for proof of purchase when necessary
- Achieve cashier metrics on a daily basis
- Be aware of store promotions and rebates
- Some heavy lifting required; bending, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time; comfortable with ladders
- Pick, organize and verify orders for delivery or pick-up
- Utilize computer terminals and/or Home Depot portable phone to check inventory, look-up orders and notify customers when product is ready for pick-up
- Candidates should be comfortable lifting merchandise to organize for customer pick up
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous cashier experience would be an asset
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Accurate and friendly
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.