Residence Inn by Marriott is seeking an employee to fill their Front Desk Agent position located in Gravenhurst,ON!
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Here’s To Your Journey with Residence Inn
Residence Inn by Marriott helps guests thrive while on long stays so they can perform at their best. Spacious suites with full kitchens offer the comforts of the modern home, while employees provide service with a human touch to business and leisure travelers alike. Working at Residence Inn, you will build relationships grounded in team work and experience the legendary Residence Inn service culture which focuses on delivering against the unique needs of long stay guests. Find Your World at Residence Inn by Marriott.
The Residence Inn Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf, located at 285 Steamship Bay Road, Gravenhurst, Ontario, P1P 1Z9 is currently hiring a Front Desk Agent.
Welcome to our family
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there’s no better place to make your mark. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family. Here, you will find a place where your personality and ideas are as appreciated as the work you do. Each day will open your mind to a world of possibilities, growth opportunities and the chance to meet people from all corners of the globe.
The impact you’ll make
No matter whether a guest arrives weary from their travels or excited for a vacation, you know what to do to make them feel at home. They will appreciate the pristine lobby, your warm welcome, and your efficiency in getting them checked in and pointed in the right direction. When they know you genuinely care about the quality of their stay, you are operating at a level of excellence.
What you’ll do
• Organize, confirm and process guest check-ins/ check-outs and adapt for any changes
• Secure payment, verifying and adjusting billing as needed
• Provide guests with room and hotel information, directions, amenities and local interests
• Run daily reports, reviewing to see what needs to be communicated to the next shift’s staff
• Complete cashier and closing reports, counting the bank at the end of each shift securely
• Accept and record wake-up calls, delivering to the right department
• Communicate any emergency, lost item or theft to proper security staff and/or authorities
• Keep contingency lists in case of emergency and communicate any necessary messages
Perks you deserve
We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
• Team-spirited coworkers
• Encouraging leadership
• Support to live a life of wellbeing and happiness
• Opportunities to serve and give back to the community
• Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
• Recognition programs
What we’re looking for
• A warm, people-oriented demeanor
• A team-first attitude
• A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
This role requires compliance with quality assurance expectations and standards. You may be required to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
You’re welcomed here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to feel comfortable being yourself and to know you’re important to us. You’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.