Northern Edge Algonquin is hiring a Food Service Steward in Algonquin Park/South River!
How to Apply: Please send a resume and 2-3 references. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
|The hospitality and food service team at the Edge contribute towards renowned small-group buffet-style meals that are crafted with care with a focus on local ingredients, and made to meet a wide variety of dietary needs, as well as the production of take-home food products for sale in our gift shop. You’ll be responsible for food shop, prep, organisation, maintaining a clean & safe kitchen environment and following health and sanitization standards..
This job is a fantastic growing opportunity for those interested in local & sustainable cookery. Learn about our commitment to sourcing bio-regional food, balancing this with guests’ dietary needs at NorthernEdgeAlgonquin.ca/meet-the-edge/mealtime. The Edge boasts a beautiful, extremely organized industrial-family-style kitchen with a positive work environment. We regularly produce 3 meals a day for 4-5 day stretches, then take a short break before the next group.
Every role at the Edge is an opportunity to experience mentorship and work in an environment of transformational leadership and regenerative, sustainable tourism, with room to grow the role into one that uniquely suits the individual.
|What we’re looking for:
● A strong mission of service.
● Proven cooking ability. Previous commercial cooking experience and food-safe certification is an asset. Culinary skills with chef training certificate or culinary management diploma a big asset.
● Basic knowledge of, and practical experience in fundamental cooking methods and techniques such as braising, grilling, roasting, poaching, steaming, smoking, stock and soup preparation, fundamentals of hot and cold sauce cookery.
● Able to work Wednesday – Sunday most weeks. Weekend work is a necessity.
● Ability to multi-task and organize time effectively and efficiently.
● Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
● Reliable transportation to and from our off-the-grid location is required.
● Self-initiative: identifying & resolving upcoming tasks and other needs with independence and ability to self-manage.
● Ability to multi-task, organizing time effectively and coordinating tasks so they are completed efficiently.
● Dependability when working with minimal supervision, and strong collaboration skills when working with a team.
● Team player: a willingness to assist co-workers with tasks, recognising a shared responsibility to co-create positive guest experiences.
● An empathic approach to your work, both with internal team and visitors.
● Flexibility, Adaptability, Resiliency.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.