An employer is seeking to hire up to 6 Financial Processing Representative -Temporary positions with the possibility of extensions
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Are you a detail-oriented individual with accounting or bookkeeping experience who thrives in a customer service environment? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity with Ontario Shared Services (OSS) where you will provide financial services to a diverse group of ministries across the Ontario Public Service.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• complete financial processing reviews and/or reconcile financial transaction related reports;
• process and prepare documentation for a variety of financial transactions;
• review transactions for accuracy and compliance with accounting practices;
• track and monitor transactions to resolve processing issues;
• provide on-going program business improvement support to management and clients.
Financial Knowledge and Experience:
- You have proven experience processing financial transactions, and are able to work in a fast pace\high volume environment.
• You have knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
• You have ability to provide comprehensive financial processing and support in compliance of corporate policies and procedures and can identify and recommend procedural improvements.
• You have knowledge of arithmetic methods to perform calculations.
• You have knowledge of and experience using spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel) to reformat and analyze data, use formulas, etc.
Analytical and Evaluative skills:
- You have analytical skills and attention to detail to identify and investigate discrepancies.
• You demonstrate judgment and evaluative skills to assess accounts, take appropriate action, and identify and recommend on procedural issues.
Communication and Interpersonal skills:
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills to explain procedures and deal with ministry clients, external suppliers and staff.
• You are able to communicate with client managers and staff with tact and diplomacy.
• You have ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• You have proven customer service skills.
- 6 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 159 Cedar St, Sudbury, North Region, Criminal Record Check
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Administrative and Support Services
Posted on: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.