CNIB Lake Joseph Centre is looking for 2 Custodians for the April 1 – September 15, 2023 season.
CNIB Lake Joe is a fully accessible lakefront facility located in Muskoka providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. CNIB Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high-quality programs to people of all ages who are living with sight loss.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Facility Operator the Custodian will perform all janitorial and site maintenance duties with a strong focus on providing the best guest experience. As a member of the facility team, responsibilities for the position include, building and grounds maintenance, assisting with property projects and helping out with other property duties as required.
As a requirement of the position, candidates must have their own CSA approved safety shoes/boots.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Maintain regular cleaning schedule throughout all buildings as determined by the supervisor, including:
- Sweeping and washing floors
- Wiping down light switches and door handles; cleaning windows on doors as needed
- Cleaning and sanitizing washrooms including floors, toilets, stalls, sinks, mirrors, vanity lights, and restocking toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap and hand sanitizer as required daily
- Emptying garbage and recycling receptacles daily
- Wiping down window ledges and heaters and cleaning windows as needed
- Vacuuming porch and apartment in staff building (PCL) weekly
- Wiping down all surfaces including desks, phones, computers and keyboards, counters, cupboards, sinks, microwave, fridges (inside cleaned as requested), furniture, etc.
- Dusting and removing cobwebs and wiping down furniture, piano, etc.
- Conduct and document daily inspections of all buildings and grounds as well as report findings to Facility Operator and/or General Manager.
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the centre grounds at all times
- Set up and take down of rooms and meeting spaces as required.
- Perform minor repairs as assigned.
- Provide customer service to meet established quality standards.
- Ensure the appearance of the facility is maintained to meet the standards established by CNIB.
- Advise supervisor of any safety concerns.
- Attend all meetings and training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience):
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (minimum required)
- Valid driver G license and maintain a suitable driving record validated by drivers abstract and/or access to transportation
- Current police check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required.
- Must be flexible to accommodate changing priorities.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as scheduled by supervisor.
- Ladder training an asset.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C” an asset.
- Current WHMIS training an asset (6 months or less).
Experience and Education (minimum required)
- High school diploma an asset.
- Minimum 2-3 years janitorial/maintenance related experience an asset.
Work Environment (indicate working conditions)
- Position requires the ability to stand, squat, reach and lift heavy objects more than 30 lbs.
- Knowledge of cleaning products, equipment, and general building maintenance.
- Ability to deal with confidential information.
- Ability to interact with clients, volunteers, vendors and staff in a cordial manner.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Possible exposure to dampness, mold, hazardous materials, building materials and dust.
Apply now at: https://apply.workable.com/cnibfoundation/j/94D7675A96/apply/
CNIB is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. We’re excited to review your application!
While we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.
Life is a beautiful, wonderful, complex thing. Life with sight loss should be no different. At CNIB, we’re on a mission to change what it means to be blind, and we’re not slowing down. We think big, take risks, embrace change, and ask questions. We’re inviting you to be part of the conversation.
Our diversity is our strength – we take pride in our inclusive workplace and are committed to recruiting and selecting in a fair, transparent, and accessible way. CNIB welcomes applications from those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility (IDEA) to join us in expanding our capacity for inclusion in the broadest sense. To this end, we strongly encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people who are blind or partially sighted, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. We enthusiastically invite applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience is a definite asset. CNIB is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
Our team’s health and wellness are a priority, which is why we offer comprehensive benefits, competitive compensation, and flexible work schedules developed to help you stay healthy.
At CNIB, we are relentlessly passionate about what we do. We are in our second century of smashing societal barriers and stigmas through innovative programs and powerful advocacy. We are a collaborative, empowered team that drives achievement and equality. If that sounds like your cup of tea, let’s talk.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.