The District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board is hiring for a Community Relations Worker!
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume (in one document) referencing Job ID 21U-65 by December 5, 2021 to the attention of: Danielle Villeneuve, CHRP Manager of Human Resources. Email: email@example.com Fax: (705) 751-5370 or 1 Beechwood Drive Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
The Community Relations Worker is responsible for facilitating and promoting opportunities for partnerships with municipalities, organizations, local community groups and the private sector that support the objectives of the District of parry Sound Housing and Homelessness Plan and the needs of vulnerable persons.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma in a Social Services and/or Human Services field or an equivalent combination of education, training and program related experience.
- Three (3) years’ related work experience.
- Good knowledge of resources available in the community and online, which are relevant to the Housing field.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and associated regulations including the Housing Services Act, Residential Tenancies Act, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and PIPEDA.
- An understanding of the northern economic culture & political environment and Housing and Homelessness issues in small urban and rural areas.
- Strong listening, interpersonal, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform all duties in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working with numbers.
- Exceptional research and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and produce measurable results while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills in a windows environment including presentation development (i.e. Power Point).
- Ability to travel across the District as required.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.