District of Parry Sound Social Services is looking to hire a Case Worker in the East Parry Sound Location
How to Apply: Please submit cover letter & resume (in one document),
referencing Job ID 22U-20 by May 29, 2022
Attn: Danielle Villeneuve, Manager of Human Resources
1 Beechwood Drive
Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
Assess the initial needs of clients calling in or visiting the Ontario Work office; conduct client interviews, complete applications and continue ongoing case management of Ontario Works participants as per directives and legislation
- Two year College Diploma in a field related to Human Services, or an equivalent combination of education, training and program related experience.
- Membership with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers an asset.
- Minimum of two years experience in a social services environment.
- Knowledge of computer managed documentation and related input and output documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of all legislation relevant to the position.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to access and refer client inquires appropriately.
- Ability to work independently, co-operatively, and responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the code of ethics of human services, with experience in conducting interviews, assisting individuals and families in finding and using community resources.
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of solutions to meet the challenges facing individuals and families served through the program, including youth, immigrants, refugees, homeless and those with mental health issues.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and to carry out instructions accurately.
- Ability to travel throughout district if required.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.