CNIB Lake Joseph Centre is looking for a full-time Nurse and Wellness Assistant for the the following terms:
May 8th – September 2nd, 2023 and June 26th – September 2nd, 2023 season.
CNIB Lake Joe is a fully accessible lakefront facility located in Muskoka providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high-quality programs to people of all ages who are living with sight loss.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
The Nurse and Wellness Assistant will provide support to guests and staff around general safety and wellness, with a specific focus on special diets and sun safety. This position will provide support in the Wellness Centre with the administration of the healthcare strategy of the camp. When the schedule allows, there may also be opportunity to assist with program facilitation.
- Provide complete first-aid services to all guests, volunteers and staff
- Contact EMS for transportation to local area hospital, if required
- Maintain and keep record of all first-aid kits on site, in vehicles and with staff
- Inform Guest Services Lead when supplies need re-ordering or replenishing
- Ensure all dietary needs for guests are provided to the kitchen staff
- Ensure appropriate dietary meals are being delivered to appropriate guests
- Plan and facilitate wellness programs for guests and staff
- Ensure that there are water stations for guests and staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C, CPR-HCP preferred
- Pursuing post-secondary education in Nursing or related field
- Current and clear Drivers Abstract and G license
- Self-directed & motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills, patience and empathy
- Experience working with people with vision loss, deaf-blind and/or special needs an asset
- Current (within 6 months of start date) Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
- Ability to work flexible hours in a dynamic busy, environment
- Must reside at CNIB Lake Joe during operational season and be willing to share accommodations with other staff member if required
Apply now at: https://apply.workable.com/cnibfoundation/j/87FBE301B8/apply/
CNIB is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. We’re excited to review your application!
While we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to successfully pass a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Life is a beautiful, wonderful, complex thing. Life with sight loss should be no different. At CNIB, we’re on a mission to change what it means to be blind, and we’re not slowing down. We think big, take risks, embrace change, and ask questions. We’re inviting you to be part of the conversation.
Our diversity is our strength – we take pride in our inclusive workplace and are committed to recruiting and selecting in a fair, transparent, and accessible way. CNIB welcomes applications from those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility (IDEA) to join us in expanding our capacity for inclusion in the broadest sense. To this end, we strongly encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people who are blind or partially sighted, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. We enthusiastically invite applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience is a definite asset. CNIB is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
Our team’s health and wellness are a priority, which is why we offer comprehensive benefits, competitive compensation, and flexible work schedules developed to help you stay healthy.
At CNIB, we are relentlessly passionate about what we do. We are in our second century of smashing societal barriers and stigmas through innovative programs and powerful advocacy. We are a collaborative, empowered team that drives achievement and equality. If that sounds like your cup of tea, let’s talk.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.