Campfire Circle in Muskoka, Ontario, is looking for a Camp Driver.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
- Shopping for program, activity, and medical supplies
- Picking up and dropping off medications for campers
- Transportation of campers to regular off-site programs and to hospitals in emergency situations
- Transportation of campers to and from surrounding cities
- Support with summer bus programs and bus chaperoning
- General upkeep of camp vehicles
- On-call for emergencies
- Assist in facilitation of on-site volunteer training
- Coach and support volunteers in planning, prepping, and execution of camp wide programs, theme, and other activities
- Assist volunteers in providing general support and supervision to campers
- Attend and participate in various program areas, staff meetings, and socials as required
- Participate in risk management and Overnight Camp emergency procedures
- Work with Summer Office Manager to complete administrative camp office tasks and fill in for Office Manager in their absence.
- Write end of summer report to evaluate job area and responsibilities
- Complete any necessary expense reporting and collection of receipts
- Ensure accident/incident report forms are completed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their Manager or their designate
- Experience as a staff or volunteer in a camp environment and/or working with children in recreational setting.
- Experience working with children with disabilities and/or additional physical, behavioural, and/or psycho-social needs as well as experience facilitating adaptive programming.
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR-C certification for duration of the contract or willing & able to successfully take the certification (paid for by Campfire Circle).
- A current G Class driver’s license, and eligible to be insured under camp policy. Current police reference check and vulnerable sector screening
- Overnight summer camp experience.
- Experience working in an administrative setting
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with children with serious illnesses and an understanding of how illness impacts the entire family.
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector.
- Bronze Cross or NL certification
- This position requires living at the Muskoka campsite for the duration of he contract – room and board is provided. Routine evenings and weekend commitments are required.
- In consideration of the population Campfire Circle serves, the incumbent is a non-smoker.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions and supporting camp life require the following physical demands: lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. The job is largely performed in an outdoor environment. The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Able to Work Varied hours on call
- Able to drive long distances
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in the subject line the title of the role(s) you are applying for.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.