The Scarborough Outdoor Education School (SOES) / Camp Kearney is hiring for a Camp Counsellor for the summer season!
How to Apply: Application can be submitted to: Campkearney@tdsb.on.ca
Attn: Jessica Thomas, Summer Camp Director.
Need help applying to this position? Or updating your resume or cover letter? Contact Employment North toll free at (800) 461-5541 or email email@example.com
For more about this job please call 1-800-461-5541
The Scarborough Outdoor Education School is located in a wilderness setting 30 minutes north of Huntsville on the western border of Algonquin Park. The site, which is owned and operated by the Toronto District School Board, encompasses 400 hectares of beautiful, rolling hardwood and coniferous forest and includes 2 pristine lakes in the Canadian Shield country. Our programs provide an opportunity for students to discover our natural environment and develop a respect for the
wonders they find. We also provide opportunities to enrich classroom curriculum and to enhance personal growth. Our hope is to find energetic co-op students that can support the programs, share their knowledge and even develop new skills while on placement. Our programming centres around 5 themes: Adventure, S.T.E.A.M., Well Being, Indigenous Knowledges and Biodiversity and Human Impact. Please visit our website to learn more at: http://schools.tdsb.on.ca/soes/
Once July starts SOES is transformed into CAMP KEARNEY!! We run a full summer camp, with canoe trips, high ropes course, survival skills and camping. The Camp provides programs for kids from 9-18 and has 5, 8, 15 and 21 day programs. Have a look at Camp Kearney’s website to see the programs and details.
● Support programs, activities, meals and canoe trips.
● Supervise campers in the cabins/lodge
● Participate in Ropes training (provided)
● Work as a part of a team
Transportation and Housing:
● Live on site, with all meals provided, when summer camp is operational.
● During the two week shut down. Coach bus transportation available to Toronto on July 22nd
and a returning bus will be available August 5th
Required Skills & Qualifications:
● National Lifeguarding Certificate is an asset.
● Valid Standard First Aid (Wilderness First Aid is an asset and necessary for Canoe Tripping)
and CPR certification
● Experience working with children grades 3-12
● Good physical condition
● Ability to lead, motivate and inspire students/campers through an experiential program
● Ability to work with people as a member of a dynamic team.
● Drivers Class G license, with a minimum of three years experience is an asset.
Security Clearance Required. Vulnerable Sector Check Police check will be required if over 18.
This job advertisement is from an external source. Employment North is not responsible for the accuracy, the currency, and reliability of the content; promises made by third parties are not the responsibility of Employment North.
To register for free services like resume development, computer access, workshops, apprenticeship information, career planning, telephone, fax and photocopying, job / volunteer / training searches, job matching/placements/incentives and labour market information please call or visit our Gravenhurst office at (705) 687-6350 OR our Sundridge office at (705) 384-1110 or Toll free: 1-800-461-5541.